Monday, May 5, 2014

Love and Joy

Love and joy, come to you, and to you your wassail too....sorry.  Once I get on a singing tangent I can't stop.  My first project finished from the stack of ideas I had for National Scrapbooking Day (on which I was stuck doing housework and didn't get a single thing made!) is this Christmas card.  I wanted it to be slightly wintery, and I also heard the song from Frozen*, "Let It Go" in my head more than once as I was making it.  I made it specifically for the color challenge at Tis The Season Challenge Blog, and I"m really happy with it.  The challenge called for these three colors:


I adlibbed the best I could, and here's what I came up with.


You can't really tell in the photo, but her halo, wings and the music notes are all sparkly.  I love sparkly.

I'm entering this in just one challenge, Tis The Season #15 - It's A Wintery Mix!  Thanks so much for looking and happy crafting.  Laters!!

*I know I'm the only person alive but I didn't love Frozen, and yet I walk around my house singing "Let It Go" every day.  I literally cannot get it out of my head.  I'm sure now that I've brought it up, it's also stuck in your heads.  I apologize :)

5 comments:

  1. gorgeous card love the your layout too xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job with the colors, Lisa! The bling around the sentiment looks awesome and your coloring looks fabulous!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at 'Tis The Season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card turned out beautiful! I love the sparkles too! Thanks for playing along with us at Tis the Season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, you did a great job using the colors for this challenge, and I love your background that I'm pretty sure you made with embossing folders. Somehow those music notes fit you with all the singing you seem to be doing. ;) Thanks for joining us at 'Tis the Season.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty.. I love the way you colored your image. Great Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at 'Tis The Season.

    ReplyDelete